Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mom tips!


My daughter is 7-months old now and it's crazy how fast she is growing. Lately though, she has been fighting sleeping. Before she would just fall asleep in any position at any time, but those days are far and few between now. It's like she doesn't want to miss a thing. I know she is tired because she gets fussy and starts constantly rubbing her eyes, but I did not know how to get her to sleep without "crying it out". I talked to my husband's cousin and here is what she told me to do:

Buy a big exercise ball if you don't already have one
Swaddle the baby tightly, but so she or he is comfortable
Then bounce her or him on the ball until the fall asleep and put them to bed


I am telling you that your baby will love this and you will too! It works almost 100% of the time and if it does not work then there is something else wrong. I was very hesitant, but I am glad I tried it. It's a sanity saver!

Here are some helpful links for this tip...

learn about how to swaddle your baby at http://parenting.ivillage.com/newborn/ncare/0,,lz_7jfg8805,00.html

Buy a exercise ball at
http://bigfitness.com/resbal.html?gclid=CJ2H0Ke0lI8CFQGRPAodxCv1gA

No comments: